Author Topic: Dark green seat belts  (Read 1406 times)

Offline pellets4fuel

Dark green seat belts
« on: August 07, 2018, 09:46:44 AM »
Looking for dark green seat belts.  Don't need whole set.  Really just need a single rear seat with the male end only.  Missing just the one piece, but would buy more of what you got if they are nice, as mine don't have the tags intact.
email, call or text
pellets4fuel@yahoo.com 920-210-1233
David

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: Dark green seat belts
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:54:49 AM »
Need MUCH more info, starting with the year and then, depending on what year, what design belt system you are working with.

Now, with that being said, my GUESS is you are working on your 67 Cougar which I believe only used what Mustangs had WITH the Deluxe Belt option...but these could still be either Robbins manufactured or Hammil...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:57:52 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline pellets4fuel

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 08:30:40 PM »
Richard,
Yes they are for my 67 Cougar.  I'm out of town for a couple days, so can't look at the tags right now, but can tell you they are the push button ones with the starburst centers like these for the deluxe interior.
https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/store/p/15195-Seat-Belt-SADDLE-Deluxe-Set-Used-1967-Mercury-Cougar.html?attribs=75
When I get home I will try to see if the tags I have are legible enough to read the manufacturer
Thanks, and sorry for lack of info.
David
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:34:28 PM by pellets4fuel »

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:47:04 PM »
Sorry to take this slightly off-topic, but were seat belts rather standardized across car lines?  If so, a good junk yard that has lots of 67/68 Blue Oval products might yield what one is looking for. 
Hmmm...MPC for Ford and Mercury indicate that seat belt part numbers (at least for 1967) were identical across car lines with few exceptions (e.g. Shelby). 
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 11:56:46 PM »
Sorry to take this slightly off-topic, but were seat belts rather standardized across car lines?  If so, a good junk yard that has lots of 67/68 Blue Oval products might yield what one is looking for. 

Hmmm...MPC for Ford and Mercury indicate that seat belt part numbers (at least for 1967) were identical across car lines with few exceptions (e.g. Shelby).

Not sure if that is how it was on the assembly line. It would make sense that Ford wanted to have service replacements that would fit as many cars as possible to cut down on inventory. So they might work but differ from the original form - boots, attachment hardware, slight length differences,  ......
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline pellets4fuel

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 10:48:02 AM »
Already did the salvage yard thing, at least one of the only ones in my area that still has old cars, and lets you go get your own parts.  Found two cars a mustang and t-bird that had what I was looking for except that the chrome spade was rusted beyond use, and I wouldn't have trusted the fabric anymore.
Lots of old iron in that yard, but not much worth saving anymore due to the mud the cars sit in, the brush growing around them, and years of the sun beating down. 

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 08:05:12 PM »
Might just want to get some good hardware - any color belt color - and have a single belt made.

Just a thought
Jeff Speegle

Offline pellets4fuel

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 11:13:25 AM »
Jeff,
Who can make seat belts and assume the liability?  I have/know places that can restitch/repair nylon binder straps, etc but I would guess if I asked them if they wanted to make a seatbelt they would say no.
Are there places out there that do this?

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 11:21:16 AM »
python restorations would be my 1st choice.
5F09C331248

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 03:57:35 PM »
Are there places out there that do this?

Yes there are a number of them but suggest you start with the shop mentioned above. They are very familiar with Ford products as some of the others are more one size fits all
Jeff Speegle

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 04:30:15 PM »
Who can make seat belts and assume the liability? 
I doubt you can find any company that will "assume liability" for a classic car with 50 year old designed safety equipment.
python restorations would be my 1st choice.
Agree. http://www.pythonrestoration.com/
 They use new webbing; repair, as part of the restoration of latches; replace the label; have a good turn around time; and have better than "competitive" prices.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline 21.04

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 02:52:32 PM »
There is a single occupant NOS green deluxe belt on Ebay.  Item 142279341507.  Listing indicates the belt is for a Galaxie.  Buckles should be the same across Ford lines.  Belt lengths were a bit different between body styles and models.  Python Restorations would be able to use the buckle if you need the male end only, or the tongue if you needed the female end, and perhaps the webbing, to make you a nice NOS belt that will fit your particular car.  They may also be interested in buying the retractor boot on this from you as well.  Just another option.

-Matt
66 K code Conv GT red/red deluxe 4 spd
66 A code Conv Non-GT black/red deluxe 3 spd
66 Sprint Conv Unrestored Green/blk std 3 spd

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 03:05:32 PM »
There is a single occupant NOS green deluxe belt on Ebay.  Item 142279341507. 

Too bad the chrome end you need is on the retractor...I suppose that setup is only good as a core for parts, given your specific need. YES, a company could use the other long end with the release buckle, take the buckle off & cut it down to length and sew the tongue onto it but even the tag is in the wrong location for that AND it should have a white/translucent rubber sleeve on it (near the bolt-end) that isn't there at all.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline pellets4fuel

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2018, 02:50:28 PM »
Richard,
I assume you checked your stash and you don't have anything to offer?

Offline lancelot66

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2018, 04:07:18 PM »
These have been out on eBay for a while now too. Maybe you've already seen them. They show really well what Richard talks about with the tag placement and the translucent sleeve at the mounting end:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MUSTANG-GALAXIE-1966-GREEN-NEW-OLD-STOCK-SEAT-BELTS-PAIR-MINT-FOMOCO-TAGS/273374922876?hash=item3fa66a487c%3Ag%3AxAEAAOSwKQ9aTlJf&_pgn=1&_sacat=0&_nkw=fomoco+seat+belt&_from=R40&rt=nc
VR/
-Lance

SJ Build Date: 1/6
'66 Fstbk: 63A M 25 06A 71 1 6
Many Original Options