Author Topic: 68 Brake Pedal with A/T  (Read 487 times)

Offline 68GTFastback

68 Brake Pedal with A/T
« on: November 10, 2018, 10:33:08 PM »
The brake pedal in my car has a lot of horizontal (right to left) play. It is loose to the point that it feels like a bushing or washer was not installed during restoration. I cannot get in position adequately under the dash to see what is missing. My bigger concern is that it might be an unsafe condition. I need advice or where to find a drawing for the brake pedal assembly. 

Offline jwc66k

Re: 68 Brake Pedal with A/T
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 12:26:36 AM »
Get a set of 68 Mustang Assembly Drawings, available at most Mustang parts vendors. From what I can see, there appears to be bushings, probably plastic. They're also available from most Mustang parts vendors for a whopping (wait for it) $0.99 each. You will need two.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 12:46:54 AM »
Jim is right most need new bushings. Some are worn so badly the require a new dash/pedal support but most of those are clutches.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 05:03:13 PM »
Master Parts Catalog MPC will provide an exploded view of the assembly and that might be enough for you to get the job done. Links to access one of those are posted in many other treats.

Hopefully you have caught it in time and its a simple couple of nylon bushings that will fix everything. Check the rest of the assembly for wear while your there and its out. Pullng the front seat will likely provide you with some more wiggle room getting to it if the pedal assembly is still in the car ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)