Author Topic: More water pump pulley marks 428 CJ  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Dave Stribling

More water pump pulley marks 428 CJ
« on: December 09, 2010, 11:36:15 AM »
Found a square FoMoCo logo on a 428 CJ pulley off of an early 69 engine.  Haven't ever seen one with the square logo - saw one with the round before but most don't have either - just the part number.  This is the C80E-8509-A smaller pulley.

Dave

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: More water pump pulley marks 428 CJ
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 09:31:37 PM »
Have seen this before on pulleys. Apparently just another sub contractors method of marking them
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 11:37:04 PM »
I have a theory that the ink stamped pulleys were the multi sheave type where two or more pulleys were tack welded together to create a multi sheave and or one with different diameter sheaves. The engineering number was often times ink stamped onto the pulley instead of metal stamped on this type.  It makes it no fun to "ID" them without the convenient metal stamped number. Others may have a different theory. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Dave Stribling

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 09:43:49 AM »
The two I have seen with the fomoco stamp were production line pieces, but I have some production line pieces without the logo too.  I also haven't personally seen a service piece with the stamp but there is a photo of one on Scott's site.  Different days, different vendors, moody stamp guy.....

Dave

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 12:35:22 PM »
If the pulleys are not metal stamped how would they be identified? I think ink stamping on assemblyline pullies would seem logical. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby