Author Topic: Cleaning/Restoring automatic transmission cases  (Read 11332 times)

Offline RoyceP

Re: Cleaning/Restoring automatic transmission cases
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2023, 11:06:20 PM »
There are lots of crayon marks on an original transmission case. I did not try to reproduce those because I wanted authenticity and did not know what the original marks might have looked like.

The car is done. It's pretty good. This picture is from the day I had it aligned. It was raining and I had not installed the trim rings yet.

1968 W code 427 Cougar XR-7 GTE Feb 23 Dearborn C6 / 3.50 open
1968 R code 428CJ Cougar XR-7 May 13 Dearborn C6 / 3.91 T - Lock

Offline Daven

• 1969 Mustang Mach I. 9R02R107xxx
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2023, 10:03:55 PM »
I lost my pictures I had of all the original crayon markings on my automatic transmission, however I do have an old VHSC tape of the crayon marks.  I'm just hoping that I can make the tape look good enough to get the correct colors and symbols.  I will definitely have to transfer it to digital.  If it comes out good enough I will post pictures.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2023, 10:53:09 PM »
I lost my pictures I had of all the original crayon markings on my automatic transmission, however I do have an old VHSC tape of the crayon marks.  I'm just hoping that I can make the tape look good enough to get the correct colors and symbols.  I will definitely have to transfer it to digital.  If it comes out good enough I will post pictures.

When and iff you do post remember to include that your car is from San Jose since some of the marks (those placed at that plant) will be different than others installed elsewhere
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)