Author Topic: Did Ford "Stamp" All of their Parts with a Number or a Ford Logo in 1965-1967?  (Read 832 times)

Offline mustang52

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will know the answer to my question. Did Ford "Stamp" All of their Mustang Parts with a Part Number and or a Ford Logo in 1965-1967? Any help with this is very appreciated.

Mike

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Hi,

I'm hoping someone will know the answer to my question. Did Ford "Stamp" All of their Mustang Parts with a Part Number and or a Ford Logo in 1965-1967? Any help with this is very appreciated.

Mike
Service parts were typically marked in one way or the other . Metal stamped ,paper label ,ink stamped or molded in.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 10:50:39 AM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline jwc66k

Welcome to the forum.
Assembly line parts were identified in a lot of ways, by color stripes (suspension parts), by a letter code on a paper tag (engines), by a strip of tape with the part number (wiring harnesses), by rotation number (seats), a metal tag (seat frames).
Service parts had a unique numbering system. So your question does not get a universal answer.
The Ford logo was used in visible locations as advertising. Also on castings like parking lights.
If you have a specific part, ask about it.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Welcome.
On the HOME PAGE of the site, scroll down to the LIBRARY section and look for the correct area of interest for the year model you are working on. Within the listings, you will find a pdf file to download a copy of a decoding article.
The article will answer most of your questions on date decoding.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 67gta289

The short answer is no, for two reasons:

1. Some items such as moldings, whether steel (including stainless) or aluminum, provided no good way to hide from view any identification stamping, so that makes the "all" part of the question false.

2. While most parts were "identified" in some manner, not all of them were "stamped".  Some were cast (cast engine components), some had a tag attached (seats), some were painted, some had stickers.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Might be splitting hairs in the way you asked your question but not all parts used on the cars were made by Ford so I can think of a number right away that were not stamped or labeled especially for assembly usage. Sure there are even more

BTW Welcome to the site Mike
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)