Author Topic: 1967 fastback drip rail sash  (Read 679 times)

Offline wils1514

1967 fastback drip rail sash
« on: June 20, 2021, 11:50:41 PM »

So I?m starting to polish my stainless drip rail moldings and noticed the passenger side is quite a bit narrower on the end that is at the rear of the door opening. I?ve had this car for 20 years and have never replaced one of them so I?m pretty sure that are originals.
I have always had a bit of a gap between this molding and the weatherstrip molding that makes it so you can see the rivets that hold this piece on. I guess now I know why. The narrowness of this molding makes it go out further to the drip rail side opening up the gap.
Has anyone seen this before? It?s almost as if the molding has been cut but even the formed portion is narrower.
1967 Mustang fastback- build date: dec 23 1966-Metuchen

Offline orgnl70

Re: 1967 fastback drip rail sash
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 09:38:38 PM »
I am reassembling a 67 fastback that I did not take apart! Does the drip rail sash in your pictures go on after the head liner is installed? And then the pc that holds the rubber weather strip?

Offline wils1514

Re: 1967 fastback drip rail sash
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 09:03:00 AM »
I installed my headliner before I put these trim pieces on. It is possible to install these pieces first and then the headliner since the windlace holds the headliner in place on the sides but it would be more difficult to pull the headliner tight and wrap it around the pinch welds.
If you don?t have the stainless trim installed put the headliner in first is my recommendation.
Yes the piece that gets riveted on goes on first, then the weatherstrip trim piece, then the drip rail molding.
1967 Mustang fastback- build date: dec 23 1966-Metuchen