Author Topic: 69 radiator to hood air deflector seal clips for SJ build Mach 1  (Read 516 times)

Offline keeper

69 radiator to hood air deflector seal clips for SJ build Mach 1
« on: December 23, 2022, 02:25:11 AM »
Wtb;  6 - 69' M1 San Jose build, clips for the radiator air deflector seal. Thanks for any help in advance. 
Keith 69 Mach1TopLoader/Vcode SJ

Offline rockhouse66

Re: 69 radiator to hood air deflector seal clips for SJ build Mach 1
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 09:07:40 AM »
I can't help you with the clips other than to illustrate what it is you are looking for:

Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline keeper

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 03:09:39 AM »
Thank you guys ! the photos and the tip to DNO is very helpful ! Happy New Year to you all.

Offline Daven

• 1969 Mustang Mach I. 9R02R107xxx
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 07:55:11 PM »
My car had the staples and the staples are still broken off in the radiator support.  It is a September 68 built 69 built in San Jose.  I still have the original seal and it matches up with the broken staples.  My friends October 68 built San Jose 69 has staples as well.  Were the clips added later during the 69 year? 

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 07:58:57 PM »
Interesting.  We know Dearborn used staples primarily, and clips occasionally, but I don't recall San Jose ever using staples.  My 3/69 SJ car had clips.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 08:33:18 PM »
My car had the staples and the staples are still broken off in the radiator support.  It is a September 68 built 69 built in San Jose.  I still have the original seal and it matches up with the broken staples.  My friends October 68 built San Jose 69 has staples as well.  Were the clips added later during the 69 year?

May have been an isolated early think but not typical for 69 regular production. Good subject for discussion in the 69 section rather than here ;)  Not suggesting it took place on Daven's car but have seen a fair number of restored 69s (mostly done back east) San Jose cars were they added staples just because they copied/took details from local Dearborn built 69's

keeper - checked and I've got none. Always grabbed them in yards when I located them since so many asked for them over the years. There are others that are close or similar in other applications, example my 71 used similar ones, though they are often slightly different in width or detail
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline keeper

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2023, 12:48:51 AM »
Jeff, thanks for looking and I apologize for not replying sooner to this thread as Jack (DON) has the correct SJ clips I needed. Thank you gents as well.