Author Topic: Hipo Forum  (Read 18248 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Hipo Forum
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 05:36:48 PM »
Have no idea, saw him at the SAAC convention and he seemed fine.  I don't think Marv manages the website though, the other fella Hank is the one I believe.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 04:38:17 AM »
I had thought it was a 2 man deal but hadn't heard Hank's name mentioned for a while, any idea as to how to contact Hank?

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 12:51:23 PM »
I had thought it was a 2 man deal but hadn't heard Hank's name mentioned for a while, any idea as to how to contact Hank?

No idea, sorry.

Offline s2ms

• 6S1757 Info
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »

You can try contacting them via the main HiPo site (not Forum) contact page...

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 09:31:56 PM »
Tried that, got a server error message, I guess we all need to come to the realization that the site is gone, otherwise someone would be up front and tell us whats going on.
I am a regular donor of $$ over there as I am now here on Concours, so I'd like to know where "some" of MY $$ have gone!!

Offline flyingfred

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 02:31:49 PM »
I am C6ZZKGT on the Hipo forum and I would hate to see that site fail. It has been a tremendous resource for all things regarding Hipo Mustangs. I do know that there is more than meets the eye on the Hipo forum being down but it would be up to Marv and Hank to discuss this if they so desire. I know that they were discouraging donations to the Hipo site lately. I would love to see an alternate Hipo section created on this site as it would be good for everyone on this forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable people that are here from the Hipo forum such as Charles Turner and Jeff Speegle.

-Fred-

Offline camp upshur

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »

Fred, that is an outstanding suggestion.

Is this something which the owners of this Forum would consider?

The HIPO K Forum had a small but very helpful membership without the pettiness of certain other Forums which covered some cars equipped with these engines. I couldn't help but think that a sub-group of this calibre wouldn't be an asset here.

Alternatively (hopefully) maybe Hank and Marv can get it worked out. Losing the archival history of that site is just a terrible thought.

Thanks

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 07:20:04 PM »

Fred, that is an outstanding suggestion.

Is this something which the owners of this Forum would consider?

The HIPO K Forum had a small but very helpful membership without the pettiness of certain other Forums which covered some cars equipped with these engines. I couldn't help but think that a sub-group of this calibre wouldn't be an asset here.

Alternatively (hopefully) maybe Hank and Marv can get it worked out. Losing the archival history of that site is just a terrible thought.

Thanks

+1 What can I do to help?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 08:39:55 PM »
............. I would love to see an alternate Hipo section created on this site as it would be good for everyone on this forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable people that are here from the Hipo forum.........

See no problem discussing hipo related details (there are very few specific K code details) in the 65-66 sections as one of the major ideas behind this site was to bring together all the speciality cars and the not so specific models so that information could be shared across the board, separating them just puts up walls IMHO.

IMHO would hate to see separate sections for 428CJ's, Boss 302 & 429, Calif Specials...... since information discussed in those areas often relate to all other cars built at those specific plants.  We would be moving topics all the time ;)

Just an opinion - but if the hipo discussions dominated the current 65-66 section sure we would look at it again.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 10:29:47 PM »
I agree with Jeff.  This site serves to discuss authenticity details across all models.  I think the only way to do justice to the members that posted on the hi-po forum would be to create a completely separate forum, that has the same format as the old one.  Ideally, if the owners of the other site were willing, the old forum posts could be merged into a new one.  Hopefully the hi-po forum being down is a transient issue.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 06:38:06 PM »
Of course we all invite  discussion of any K code (as well as any other Concurs Mustang discussion ;) here on this site to help serve the need but hope the other site can be re-established and continued
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Roswellchad

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 02:41:57 AM »
Hey guys I'm sorry if I'm posting questions In the wrong place here. I'm truly not very good with computers and this is only the second time Ive tried to post anything in a chat forum so forgive me if I'm breaking etiquette.
I'm just trying to sort out possible dealer options on my 66 convertible before beginning restoration. Any help would be really appreciated. I have a 66 K code convertible that is truly a factory GT with pony interior and even more oddly an automatic. I'm the third owner of the car and it is unknown to any of the registries. The car seems to be all original and it has never undergone any previous restorations (other than an old paint job). It has a few things that I believe are wrong but I can't find any to compare it to. For example, at some point In time an original Ford AC unit was installed. It also has an original rally pac with a 6K tach in it. Could this be because of the C-4? It also had hood pins installed but they are obviously very old and they are not mounted like any after markets I have ever seen. They look like original factory spot welds on brackets? The engine has a all chrome in the right place but it has a very old and unique Cobra insignia on the rear of the passengers side valve cover. Does anyone know if this could have been on of the dealer option engine dress up kits? The car is a Metuchen built vehicle and it still has the original buck tag on the  drivers side front fender which matches the door tag and everything else. So I know what factory equipment was but the dealer options and add ons are completely unknown to me. I have also been told that fewer than 10 cars could have been built equipped like this. That just doesn't seem possible given the number of mustangs produced? If anyone can educate me a little it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Jack65K

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 10:23:11 AM »
It would really help if you could post some pictures of the parts in question.  To my knowledge, you could get an A/C unit installed by a dealer but no K-codes came from the factory with A/C.  Also, all K-codes did not have a rally pac tach but the correct one for those that did have one is the 8k tach, even on the automatic cars.  It is hard to speak to the rest without pictures.  As far as how many K-codes were porduced like yours - no one knows as the factory production records for 1965 and 1966 Mustangs were destroyed and so there is no record of how many were produced with what options.  All that is know is the total production for those years.
Jack
65 K Code Coupe, Vintage Burgundy/White Vinyl Top & Black Interior
04 GT Convertible, Redfire Clearcoat/White Top and Oxford White Interior

Offline marvs289

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 12:49:48 PM »
I just wanted to provide some insight into the problems we're having with the Forums Section- that is the only section currently down for repair. We once again have encountered some problems with the Forums Threads after the Host Server has made changes. As a matter of fact, they are saying it is our fault and nothing that they did- untrue as we did not make any changes. Hank is devoting all of his available time to fixing the problem, but it is involving a lot of different areas and it is just going to take time. Let me make this clear, the hipomustang.com site is ALIVE and is NOT GOING AWAY-  as well as myself. It is just going to take time to repair it and we thank you for your continued patience. Regards, Marv & Hank.

Offline s2ms

• 6S1757 Info
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 01:01:11 PM »
Marv,

Thanks for the update and thanks to you and Hank for your hard work!

Dave