Author Topic: Radio Supression (Condenser?)  (Read 17434 times)

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
Re: Radio Supression (Condenser?)
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 05:06:51 PM »
Here is a picture of an original tag on a car:

Here is one from an NOS 65 Headlamp Harness (service part, of course, but looks like all production/assembly line tags I've seen):

And here is the reproduction.  Paper is not exactly like the original.  This is a link from our web site.  I checked stock, and they still look like this.  Only one source that I am aware of.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 06:49:22 PM »
Any chance we might be able to get a more faithful reproduction of that red tag made?  ECS might be able to do it if they get a good sample to use.  The original paper has a touch of gloss to it whereas the repro is just plain thick paper.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Brant

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 07:12:09 PM »
I'll have to ask if he would be interested.  It is also interesting to note that the original is kind of a red "coated" paper.  In other words, if you tore it, it is not red "inside."

You can see this by looking at the pictures of the original and the service part.

Offline Twilight65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 10:55:52 PM »
Jeff & Brant, thanks for the pics. I'm going to try to make my own. I see what you mean about the type paper though. I believe I actually have some red paper tags that are made of a similar type material. Is the printing on both sides of the tag or just one side?
Dave
65 Coupe Dearborn Scheduled Build July 9,1965 289/C4
66 Sprint Conv. Dearborn Scheduled Build May 13, 1966 200/C4

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 11:58:27 PM »
Believe only printed one side.

You might also try and spray seal the paper after its printed so that you will reduce the possibility of the ink running from moisture later
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Brant

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 08:34:40 AM »
They are printed on both sides.

Offline zray

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »
Where Can I buy a radio suppression (Condenser??) that attaches to the voltage regulator that will stop the static on my original AM radio in my '65 coupe?

I will throw this in for comment: the condenser(s) I've tried have had little effect on radio static. They can't all have been bad. When the rpm increases, so does the static.

Z. Ray
Looking for '65-'68 manual V-8 coupe
that doesn't need a new body

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 12:35:55 PM »
Where Can I buy a radio suppression (Condenser??) that attaches to the voltage regulator that will stop the static on my original AM radio in my '65 coupe?

I will throw this in for comment: the condenser(s) I've tried have had little effect on radio static. They can't all have been bad. When the rpm increases, so does the static.

Z. Ray
The short answer is most of the Shelby's did get bad reception. This is more of a problem with Shelby's then with regular mustangs. Regular Mustangs had the benefit of a all steel hood which added shielding against the electrical interference . A few 66 GT350's had all steel hoods .The rest of Shelby production had fiberglass hoods. In response to customer complaints many 65,66,and 67 Shelby antenna's were move by "dealers" to the rear quarter. A few 68 Shelby's had the antenna in the front but most were relocated to the back from the factory. 1969/70 all had the antenna in the back. I believe this styling change was directly influenced by the radio static issue.  Another fix was to add shielding to the hood. This usually took the form of insect screen wire material bonded to the bottom side of the hood and grounded by the factory ground clip on the cowl. Bob   
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Twilight65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »
Ok here's my homemade tag for my 65! (used extra wire I had lying around for effects)
Dave
65 Coupe Dearborn Scheduled Build July 9,1965 289/C4
66 Sprint Conv. Dearborn Scheduled Build May 13, 1966 200/C4

Offline Brant

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 06:41:32 PM »
Ok here's my homemade tag for my 65! (used extra wire I had lying around for effects)
Dave

Dave,

That looks good!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 09:51:49 PM »
Looks nice - love the idea of people figuring out how to do things themselves.  Plenty of owners doing "catalog cars"    ;D
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 10:17:03 PM »
Looks nice - love the idea of people figuring out how to do things themselves.  Plenty of owners doing "catalog cars"    ;D

+100!!    :)
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 11:16:41 PM »
+1 .very very good .  Mind making me one ::)? or sharing what worked for you? PM me if you like. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »
Guys, Sorry for resurecting this OLD OLD thread but I'm trying ti find one of the units for the alternator for my '65. I have inquired at Dead Nuts On with Jack-he says his plater damaged the last 2 that he sent in, I've inquired at Glazier/Nolan, Bob Perkins, Charles-(Who BTW was gracious enough to offer to loan me one for the GN) ANYBODY GOT ONE THEY CAN SELL??   THANKS VERY MUCH!!-Rick

Offline livetoride60

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 11:44:14 AM »
Mine has a different orientation of the part number and FoMoCo than Brant's.   C5TA-18827-A2 number with a 452 at the bottom.

Original alternator but not positive it's original to my car as it doesn't have the Hipo pulley.
'65 K code Fastback, 4sp, San Jose, 10/9/64
'66 C code Coupe, C4, Dearborn, 5/24/66
'67 Fairlane Convertible, 3sp, 200 I6