Author Topic: Radio Supression (Condenser?)  (Read 17439 times)

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
Re: Radio Supression (Condenser?)
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2014, 01:06:40 PM »
Mine has a different orientation of the part number and FoMoCo than Brant's.   C5TA-18827-A2 number with a 452 at the bottom.

Original alternator but not positive it's original to my car as it doesn't have the Hipo pulley.

That's a different suppressor...mounts on the alternator on '65 models.  The ones that are being discussed in the other thread (and we will have available soon) are the radio suppressors that mount at the voltage regulator.

And BTW, the project for the alternator ones has been started.  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:09:45 PM by Brant »

Offline livetoride60

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2014, 02:52:58 PM »
John,

As always, thank you so much for the explanation!  Here are John's pictures:

Brant - I was talking about the alternator suppessors you posted above, which are in this thread.  You'll see they have the same numbers as mine.   Seems we've got a mix of volt reg & alternator suppressors discusions going on here.

Good to hear you're starting a run of these too.  :)
'65 K code Fastback, 4sp, San Jose, 10/9/64
'66 C code Coupe, C4, Dearborn, 5/24/66
'67 Fairlane Convertible, 3sp, 200 I6

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2014, 03:17:52 PM »
Brant - I was talking about the alternator suppessors you posted above, which are in this thread.  You'll see they have the same numbers as mine.   Seems we've got a mix of volt reg & alternator suppressors discusions going on here.

Good to hear you're starting a run of these too.  :)
I only mention this because everything eles looks so nice and details are obviously a concern but FYI the OEM alterntors used different insulator coating on the stator. It was not the orangish Glyptal paint like the picture but a honey colored varnish type material. This is meant in a helpful way.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »
I only mention this because everything eles looks so nice and details are obviously a concern but FYI the OEM alterntors used different insulator coating on the stator. It was not the orangish Glyptal paint like the picture but a honey colored varnish type material. This is meant in a helpful way.

Yes.  That should be noted in case someone wanted to copy that.  These are John Murphy's pictures from a long time ago.