Author Topic: '65 Convertible DeLuxe Kick panels??  (Read 1829 times)

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
'65 Convertible DeLuxe Kick panels??
« on: August 11, 2011, 12:15:49 PM »
I've got something odd going on with mine that the judges pointed out at the Jax national.
There is "loose vinyl" at the lower outside edge between the SS strip and the door plate that hasn't really looked right to me since my car was restored.
My upholstery guy who is not real familliar with Mustangs thinks the loose piece shouldn't even be there and should have been trimmed off, I'll try & get a picture of what I'm talking about but would anyone have a picture of a Convertible in that area for me to check mine against??  Thanks!

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: '65 Convertible DeLuxe Kick panels??
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 03:12:53 PM »
There should be a vinyl strip sewn to the edge of the carpet that gets glued and wrapped around the kick panel at the edge.  Post a pic to be sure there isn't some other issue.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 05:12:03 PM »
OK Charles, will do. and may I please ask as to why my posting was moved from the Interior forum to the '65-'66 forum?? I thought I had put it in the "right" place-Interior......BTW there are threads on the Interior forum that have nothing to do with Interiors such as "Date coded gas tank" and "tail light body plating and restoration"..................

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 05:40:34 PM »
Jeff usually handles moving any posts around.  Since your question was specific to 65-66, I'm sure that's why it got moved.

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »
OK.......In any case here are a couple of pictures taken in kinda dark conditions....(sorry for the quality) Thanks!

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 06:25:21 PM »
Looks normal to me.  You should trim the sides off your front floor mats so they fit better.

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 06:35:21 PM »
Yea, They are NOT flapping in the breeze, but do look a bit loose and feel a bit loose......now that they were pointed out......I was going to trim the floor mats but I think they will catch more of the "minor trash" that I was gigged for after removing them, vacuuming the whole floor and even using a lint roller to catch what was left.....

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 12:05:27 AM »
Jeff usually handles moving any posts around.  Since your question was specific to 65-66, I'm sure that's why it got moved.

Yes typically they get moved the specific year area if the question relates to only those years while, if the subject can apply across a number of year periods it gets left in the area of car section so that more people will find it of use.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)