Author Topic: '67 A5 paint code  (Read 1239 times)

Offline socalgt

'67 A5 paint code
« on: October 06, 2013, 12:31:22 AM »
Did the '67 A5(raven black with lower panel paint) paint involve the factory ribbed panel installation in the back, or just painting the rear, stock panel grey?

Thanks.....

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: '67 A5 paint code
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 12:42:35 AM »
Did the '67 A5(raven black with lower panel paint) paint involve the factory ribbed panel installation in the back, or just painting the rear, stock panel grey?

A5 was the identifier for a two tone paint job where the tail light panel was painted the dark argent like color (have a color code) Though I've seen a few painted without the louvered taillight panel I've never been able to check the door tag /paint code to confirm if they originally were painted that way without the added aluminum panel. All the ones I've owned with the two digit paint code had the rear louvered panel

Guessing you have a car with that code originally on the door tag. Does your taillight panel have the mounting holes in it or has it been replaced over time? Dater code is on  the lower edge of the panel in the license  plate area ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:46:31 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline socalgt

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:50:11 AM »
Thanks for the reply....I'll check for the mounting holes.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 12:48:55 AM »
Search is your friend ;)   but its always great to ask and discussion new and updated info if the post is old ;)

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.msg771#msg771
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:05:16 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
Did double check my stuff (was looking for other details to respond to questioned on the site) and I did find a couple of  examples where  two tone exterior was ordered & built without the louvered taillight panel. Very unpopular /rare ;)
Jeff Speegle