1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

Detailing PCV tube

(1/5) > >>

mikeljgt500kr:
I know the metal PCV tube is painted on my 390 4V, along with the longer hose and clamps to the PCV valve, but what about the short hose and two clamps to the manifold vacuum tree?  Is that short hose and the two clamps also painted?  Thanks!

J_Speegle:
Believe the short hose and attachment fitting to the intake were in place when engine was painted.

Mike can you remind me where you car was built. Finding a handful of Dearborn built S codes using no clamps

mikeljgt500kr:
Mine is a Jersey car, April 27, 1967.

J_Speegle:
Ok ignore the Dearborn comment - though I would expect that sometime in the future some member will bring up the subject :)

WT8095:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on August 07, 2014, 02:13:50 AM ---Ok ignore the Dearborn comment - though I would expect that sometime in the future some member will bring up the subject :)

--- End quote ---

Is this "future" enough?  ::)   There's bits and pieces of discussion in various threads regarding clamps on the PCV hoses. Is there any consensus or general pattern to usage of the wire-style clamps on big block PCV assemblies for '67-'68? I have somehow ended up with several assemblies in my collection, but not enough data to determine a pattern Here's what I've found on mine:

1) '67 390GT (GTA car), plant unknown. Clamps on long hose, no clamps on short hose. (Assembly is connected to intake in photo)
2) '68 390GT, plant unknown. Clamps on long hose, but not on compensator, only on extreme ends, also has clamps on short hose.
3) Year and plant unknown. No clamps on either hose.
4) Year and plant unknown. Clamps on long use, short hose is missing. (Assembly is on the left in photo, laying on valve cover)

Not a lot to go on, especially #3 & #4. All hoses appear to be original, and ones marked "no clamps" show zero evidence of any sort of depression from a clamp.

Personally I need to know what is typical for SJ in Feb. 1968. But it would be nice to compile a comprehensive list for 67-68.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version