Author Topic: Owners Manual envelope  (Read 995 times)

Offline somethingspecial

• 1968 GT/CS Registrar mikej@bigbytes.com
Owners Manual envelope
« on: April 16, 2014, 12:31:06 PM »
Does anyone know if anyone makes a reproduction envelope the owners manual came in?  I don't think they were year specific, but the one I have is quite worn. (1968) They were kinda thick card stock manilla color and just slightly bigger than the owners manual.  I can't see any print date.  Many Dealers put thier name, address, and hours on them.  If no one reproduces them, does anyone have a near mint envelope you can scan (front and back) and email to me?  Thanks.  Mike Jewell  mikej@bigbytes.com
Your friendly neighborhood 1968 GT/CS Registrar

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Owners Manual envelope
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 02:16:55 PM »
Does anyone know if anyone makes a reproduction envelope the owners manual came in?  I don't think they were year specific, but the one I have is quite worn. (1968) They were kinda thick card stock manilla color and just slightly bigger than the owners manual.  I can't see any print date.  Many Dealers put thier name, address, and hours on them.  If no one reproduces them, does anyone have a near mint envelope you can scan (front and back) and email to me?  Thanks.  Mike Jewell  mikej@bigbytes.com
They typically are not year specific. There are many styles depending on the dealer . I don't know if they were sourced through Ford made to specific dealer specs or if dealers had them made up on their own. Someone was making a generic repro at one time but can't recall who I say it was available through. Ebay is a good source since they are not Mustang specific that is if you don't frequent automotive swap meets where they can be found too.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby