Author Topic: 66 K-Code Fuel Line engine mounting bracket question  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Morsel

66 K-Code Fuel Line engine mounting bracket question
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:06:01 PM »
Hello, I have a January 66 San Jose built Mustang K-Code and I'm wondering about the fuel line mounting bracket to the engine? I've attached several photos that I've found, but trying to confirm which is correct, or as correct as I can be ;)

1) As you see, the photos I've found have it using a bracket that attaches to the water pump, one is in the twelve o'clock bolt position, one is in the one o'clock bolt position, one is floating with no brackets at all. Which is it supposed to be.

2) The other thing is the bracket that attaches to the water pump, is it supposed to be painted engine color, and then the bracket that attaches it to the fuel line is natural?

Thanks as always,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline jwc66k

Re: 66 K-Code Fuel Line engine mounting bracket question
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 12:25:33 AM »
Jason,
First picture for position, engine color for the bracket and natural (phosphate and oil) for the clip.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 12:46:54 AM »
Jason,
First picture for position, engine color for the bracket and natural (phosphate and oil) for the clip.
Jim
Gun blueing is another choice of finish for the clip .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Morsel

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 01:06:31 PM »
Thanks as always for the responses, super helpful.

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior