Author Topic: License lamp "date" question  (Read 1882 times)

Offline austexstang

License lamp "date" question
« on: February 17, 2013, 06:36:59 PM »
Will a forum member please tell me what pro date this lamp & lens are?  Lens:  SAE-L-64-FD and the metal piece is SAE-L-65FE.  Thank you. 

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
Re: License lamp "date" question
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 10:25:35 PM »
The Lens Retainer Bezel was used on all 64 1/2-73 Mustangs. The Lens itself will be either a 64-68 version or a 69-73 version. Although both versions had the same number molded into the glass, i have found that the earlier lens has a longer end one side with a 'forked' end for the retainer screw to go through. the later lens was cut off on that end with no need for a 'fork'.

Both the Bezel and the Lens were also used on most other Ford-Mercury products within that time period. The Main part of the license light(housing with electrical socket) is the differentiating factor on what model the license light is correct for. 
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs

Offline austexstang

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:55:01 PM »
The Lens Retainer Bezel was used on all 64 1/2-73 Mustangs. The Lens itself will be either a 64-68 version or a 69-73 version. Although both versions had the same number molded into the glass, i have found that the earlier lens has a longer end one side with a 'forked' end for the retainer screw to go through. the later lens was cut off on that end with no need for a 'fork'.

Both the Bezel and the Lens were also used on most other Ford-Mercury products within that time period. The Main part of the license light(housing with electrical socket) is the differentiating factor on what model the license light is correct for.

Great info.  I appreciate your answer. 

Offline GilbertoBenson

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 06:39:40 AM »

Both the Bezel and the Lens were also used on most other Ford-Mercury products within that time period. The Main part of the license light(housing with electrical socket) is the differentiating factor on what model the license led light is correct for.

Thanks for sharing information.. Even I was searching for license lamp date so thanks for reply
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:28:23 PM by GilbertoBenson »