Author Topic: Mixing Insructions GT350H Bronze Gold Powder  (Read 44 times)

Offline chsproscon

Mixing Insructions GT350H Bronze Gold Powder
« on: May 07, 2024, 03:09:43 AM »
I have a bag of the origianl Branda/Mustang Unlimited Gold Bronze Powder offered years ago.  Does anyone have the mixing instructions for the Branda/Mustang Unlimited Gold Bronze Powder?  I purchased a quart of the Inca Gold Basecoat that is suppose to be a close match and it looks to "gold" compared to the powder.  The powder has more reddish or bronze then gold.  Really need some direction here, trying to get my 1966 Hertz Shelby as origianal as possible.  Most internet pics show the gold Inca Gold and not the reddish Bronze of the powder.  Thanks

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Mixing Insructions GT350H Bronze Gold Powder
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 01:42:48 PM »
I hope that you have all the other details down as accurate as you are trying to be on the stripe. I had a well known shop lay out the bronze powder stripe on a Hertz car of mine but it was a miscommunication on both our parts. I wanted the inca gold because I had heard that the bronze powered can oxidize within the clear and discolor. I got the bronze powder and looks fine. With all that said I have a original Hertz rear valance that I have used for decades to color match paint to the powder that does not have any signs of discoloration. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby