Author Topic: 68 NJ Rear Door Jamb Picture Request  (Read 466 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
68 NJ Rear Door Jamb Picture Request
« on: February 19, 2020, 07:30:48 PM »
Received the following request and thought I should post some pictures to the forum hoping that they will help owners and builders in the future

Do you have any pictures of early 68 NJ 12/4/67 built, door jambs, on the side of the catch?  I am trying to get the seam sealer correct. 

Other than the seam at the bottom of the rear door jamb/B pillar bottom to rocker panel seam the factory sealant was not that visible in my experienced. Often the other seams get filled and smooth out unfortunately during some restorations. Sometimes a result or side affect of having new quarter panels attached. Originally you could make out the quarter panel edge clearly as well as the two locations where the quarter panel was brazed to the door jamb before the spot welds were done

Here are a few pictures of unrestored cars to hopefully illustrate what I'm trying to describe above

Purple arrow = Braze location
Red arrow = Visible spot weld depressions/deformation. There are more but wanted to illustrate in one or two pictures where they stood out due to angle and lighting

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)