3rd Generation 1979 - 1993 > 1984 - 1986 SVO

looking for info on 1986 SVO Engine/engine compartment fastener finishes

<< < (2/3) > >>

S412gofast:
Thank you Bluemax this is a start!

bluemax:
Glad to help!

Looking at various pics of low mileage cars...

3. EGR mounting bolts are manganese phosphate
5. Fuel rail mounting bolts are manganese phosphate
6. Throttle cable bracket mounting bolts are interesting. Everything that I am looking at look very similar to what you show in your picture. The finish appears to be a gold plating with a bluish tint. Can't tell if the bluish tint is some sort of normal oxidation. I need to remove one off my low mileage '86 and see what it looks like on the backside. I have attached a picture from Daniel Carpenter's low mileage, very late '86 production SVO.

S412gofast:
making progress!

In reference to the Dan Carpenter pic.  What do you think is the difference between the finish on the Throttle arm compared to the throttle cable bracket? When I was referencing other pics they both looked to be a Zinc Dichromate.  this pic they look to be different or possible lighting pic angle?

bluemax:

--- Quote from: S412gofast on August 25, 2021, 09:16:54 AM ---
In reference to the Dan Carpenter pic.  What do you think is the difference between the finish on the Throttle arm compared to the throttle cable bracket? When I was referencing other pics they both looked to be a Zinc Dichromate.  this pic they look to be different or possible lighting pic angle?

--- End quote ---

Both brackets should be zinc dichromate. I believe the difference comes from the supplier and/or different batches. The cable bracket has a much darker "gold" color than the throttle arm. I see this a lot going through various pics. The throttle arm's lighter finish is closer to what I typically see on wiper motor covers. The lighter finish is not nearly as durable either.

S412gofast:
Thanks again!

Fuel Line Bracket
What is finish on the bracket behind upper intake.  This mounts off the rear studs of the upper to lower intake fasteners.  Supports a fuel regulator and supports fuel lines just before fuel line to fuel rail connection.

Fuel Rail
What is finish on injector fuel rail?  Looks to be a slightly shiny nickel?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version