Author Topic: how to add pictures to my post  (Read 1594 times)

Offline macdude67

how to add pictures to my post
« on: April 10, 2010, 09:53:11 PM »
I tried to add a picture to a recent post but when i hit the add image icon on the bottom row to the very left. It added the word image to my text instead of letting me browse for the image?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: how to add pictures to my post
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 01:30:54 AM »
You need to get an account at a hosting site (I use Photobucket)

Upload your picture there (after resizing it to a decent size for posting)

After you up upload the picture you will see a number of labels that identify the picture IMG code is the one you highlight and copy

Insert that code into your post and your done
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline macdude67

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 11:28:01 PM »
stupid question, but what is the reason for a 3rd party site to handle pictures? I didn't know there was such a thing.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 11:41:01 PM »
stupid question, but what is the reason for a 3rd party site to handle pictures? I didn't know there was such a thing.

Some sites set up a location to host the pictures some don't.  Believe the benefit of using a third party is that the site does not have to pay for all the storage (think I've got 500 or so pictures parked at one for example)  but the down side is if the third party side  closes their doors then all the links are gone.

I just find it easier to park my posted pictures at one site rather than one each of the 8 different individual sites I regularly post at
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)