Author Topic: Disc brake MC and KH prop valve ID  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Burgundy66

Disc brake MC and KH prop valve ID
« on: June 07, 2015, 07:38:48 PM »
I picked up some disc brake parts recently I was wondering if y'all could help me ID. Interested to determine if they are original or service replacement parts.  Both were supposed to have been rebuilt by White Post.  Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think.

Reason I am asking is because if they are original, I might consider selling them for someone needing them for a proper restoration, as I'm doing a disc brake swap for my driver car and could live with service replacements.

Thanks!
Kevin

Offline Burgundy66

Re: Disc brake MC and KH prop valve ID
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 07:40:05 PM »
Kelsey Hayes proportioning valve pictures:

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 08:19:34 PM »
I picked up some disc brake parts recently I was wondering if y'all could help me ID. Interested to determine if they are original or service replacement parts.  Both were supposed to have been rebuilt by White Post.  Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think.

Reason I am asking is because if they are original, I might consider selling them for someone needing them for a proper restoration, as I'm doing a disc brake swap for my driver car and could live with service replacements.

Thanks!
Kevin

I saw a pair that looked like that rebuilt by whitepost  at Carlisle this weekend . First row or last row depending on where you started. Regardless, yes those are both appear genuine assemblyline items .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Burgundy66

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 12:18:00 AM »
Thanks.  Can you tell me how to tell the difference, please?  I'm clueless on the detail.

And you saw these two parts.  I snagged them on Friday.....first row, about half way down, coming in from Gate 1.   ;)   Those fellas wanted to move some parts.  I left with a wagon load from them.  Lots of other NOS stuff also.  Should have bought more.

Debating if someone that was doing a nice restoration should have these, since I can live with service replacements on my car.  Just thinking out loud.

Kevin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 12:45:25 AM »
Thanks.  Can you tell me how to tell the difference, please?  I'm clueless on the detail.

And you saw these two parts.  I snagged them on Friday.....first row, about half way down, coming in from Gate 1.   ;)   Those fellas wanted to move some parts.  I left with a wagon load from them.  Lots of other NOS stuff also.  Should have bought more.

Debating if someone that was doing a nice restoration should have these, since I can live with service replacements on my car.  Just thinking out loud.

Kevin
Externally the proportioning valves look the same. The master cylinder with the brass fittings identify it as 65 and early 66 production after that the makers built in the flare fitting into the master so no need for brass adapters. I bought quite a bit from them too . I was asked to identify those parts for them on Friday. I would have bought the master if not for I was at my limit of items I could fit in my suit case I was having to check at the airport.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Burgundy66

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 11:14:55 PM »
Gotcha.   Thanks for the info.  Always like to learn.

I bought a bunch of stuff from them right about 7am.  To give you an idea how early we were, there were only two other fellows in front of us waiting to get into Gate 1 when it opened (was one of them you, LOL?)  The sellers were still unloading, but kept setting stuff I bought back in the trailer.  I actually purposely didn't dig real hard on that first visit, and missed the master and prop.  Came back several times throughout the day and bought more, and didn't pull the trigger on the master and prop until about lunch time.  I was surprised they were still there.

Also got those NOS Autolite shocks from them.....don't know if you remember seeing them.  Do you know what shocks should be on the rear of a late April '65 Metuchen A-code 4-speed car?  The ones I got were C30F-18080-B, which I'm pretty sure are not right, but for what he gave them to me for, I figured why not.

Thanks again,
Kevin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 02:02:13 AM »
Gotcha.   Thanks for the info.  Always like to learn.

I bought a bunch of stuff from them right about 7am.  To give you an idea how early we were, there were only two other fellows in front of us waiting to get into Gate 1 when it opened (was one of them you, LOL?)  The sellers were still unloading, but kept setting stuff I bought back in the trailer.  I actually purposely didn't dig real hard on that first visit, and missed the master and prop.  Came back several times throughout the day and bought more, and didn't pull the trigger on the master and prop until about lunch time.  I was surprised they were still there.

Also got those NOS Autolite shocks from them.....don't know if you remember seeing them.  Do you know what shocks should be on the rear of a late April '65 Metuchen A-code 4-speed car?  The ones I got were C30F-18080-B, which I'm pretty sure are not right, but for what he gave them to me for, I figured why not.

Thanks again,
Kevin
Kevin, I was in their spot purchasing on Friday,and again on Saturday. Others will have to help with the shocks because I am not versed on the needs of a 65 Metuchen car as my interest is more towards the SJ cars of that year (Shelby's). I passed on the proportioning valve because it was metal pitted all over .I didn't even asked the price. the only reason I left the master (which was nice) was because of my space limitations going home.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 02:07:29 AM by Bob Gaines »