5th Generation 2005 - 2014 > 2005 - 2014

Airbag Recall

<< < (11/12) > >>

67gtasanjose:
It is only important to have the recall perfomed if you "plan" on a severe accident, where they get deployed...simple answer: Don't wreck your car! A 64-1/2 through 67 didn't even have a collapsible column and we weren't/aren't afraid to drive those!
I have an aversion to dealership "clowns", maybe not all technicians are "clowns" but back in '08, I took my '05 in to report a strange hum/vibration in the car right about the high rpm of the auto trans shift points...just before the 3-years warranty was up and just in case something "came apart" shortly after the warranty period...They "FIXED" it (because the warranty covered it) WITHOUT my authorization. The "FIX" was they pried off with a crow bar a couple of exhaust system hangers that used to attached to the crossmember. When I say "pried", I am not exaggerating! One of those things I'd have said to leave alone had I known their plans! Today, my '05 barely has 30K on it, it was always a plan to "preserve" the car "As Original" or to have an "UNDO" button on any mods, that is as much as I can while still enjoying it as a "Top-Down" weather driver.

It is only "Original ONCE!" And now this "Damn-age" these 'clowns' did from my now-defunct in-town dealership, is essentially now a "not repairable" issue, unless I replace the trans crossmember....

Deuce:
Received my letter yesterday from Ford, postmarked 4/6/2018, for Safety Recall Notice 16S26.  The letter says that parts are now available to repair the passenger airbag inflator and to schedule a visit with your Ford dealer.  I'm in California, so it looks like the recall letters are working their way across the country.

carlite65:
got mine yesterday also. in ky.

67gtasanjose:
Getting both done this morning. Drivers side already done, tech is working on passengers side now...

BKnapp:
I am getting both of mine done today. I have a GT500 and the new driver side inflator cover had a big chrome Cobra instead of the black cover with the GT500. Has anyone else had a GT500 replaced and did you get the original looking emblem?

Pic added

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version