Author Topic: Is there a bible for under-car coatings?  (Read 2006 times)

Offline dlsimon212

Is there a bible for under-car coatings?
« on: May 12, 2010, 01:45:13 AM »
Is there a guide that tells what all of the parts under a 65 coupe are suppose to look like? I'd like to coat/paint/prep items under my car so that they retain the stock appearance for a looong time, but I'm not sure what everything is supposed to look like. Rearend, leaf springs, U-bolts & plates, floor, gas tank, shocks, ft springs, steering box, tie rods/sleeves/centerlink/spindles/pitman & idler arms, driveshaft, exhaust hangers, tranny & pan, hood hinges & springs, etc,,,,

Is there a bible for these parts, like Bob Mannel's "Mustang & Ford Small Block V8" book (which is absolutely awesome!)

Also, is there a certain color of Gold that I should use for the valve covers & air cleaner,,, can these possibly be powder coated? I see that Eastwood has a special ceramic coating called Olds Gold,,, but it looked a bit dark.

Thanks so Much,
Doug Simon

www.dougs65mustangrestoration.blogspot.com

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Is there a bible for under-car coatings?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 03:58:21 AM »
You can start with a written description by using the MCA rules

As for a list with pictures of every part - it has not been done yet

You are welcomed to start a thread over in the 64-66 area, These discussions always help others and start other discussions

As for the color code for the gold valve covers and such - post a guestion over in the same section and I'm sure someone will answer that request
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline dlsimon212

Re: Is there a bible for under-car coatings?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 12:58:18 AM »
Thanks,, I will do that.

Doug