Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

67 smog pump "air filter"

(1/4) > >>

preaction:
Does anyone have pic or a part number for the filter media that was used in the 67 air pump filter cans. I have the reproductions from NPD but never seen an original, are the NPD parts accurate ?

67gtasanjose:
I have some, but the originals were oil-soaked and over time, the oil broke down the foam or "sponge-like" material. (read as NOS are no longer usable)

They appear to be a black foam. I'll have to look at them again to get you the number. Scott Drake reproductions were a blue-colored foam, is that what NPD has?

preaction:
NDP sells the blue one, my guess is those are the only one's going so I bought 2 there cant be much demand for these.

J_Speegle:
Originally it was a section of tan colored foam bonded at one end. Similar to the product used to insulate the 68-70 bypass valves.
For service pieces they were stored in a plastic bag in oil as 67gtasanjose wrote.

Service replacement filters (the assy) came without the filter element.

Think my last NOS just got tossed since it was unusable.

I would make my own out of 1/2" thick open cell foam  next time I need one

Either way you will not be able to see the filter once the filter is assembled 

preaction:
I realize no one will be seeing this part I ask for my education so in that rare event I see one I may be able to identify it, thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version