Author Topic: Worth saving Century rotors?  (Read 2552 times)

Offline kkupec02

Worth saving Century rotors?
« on: November 24, 2020, 01:36:10 PM »
After my rear hub post reply's, wanted input on rotors. I wanted to keep them on the car and re surface them, but they are already near the minimum thickness of .780. A little surface rust on them as caliper pistons were frozen and these haven't had any shoe contact in 20 years. Pictures 1-4 show the "Century" marked hub. It is hovering at an average thickness of around .815. The non manufacturer marked hub is shown in pictures 5-7. It has an average thickness of about .790. It also has a flat spot on an edge where it must have hit the road sometime in the past. For safety sake, I was going to order the rotor from NPD which uses the original hub. It is most like the original. Would anyone put these back on? Is the Century one worth keeping in case someone needed one for a concourse restoration? Thanks.   
1967 GT500 Built 1/26/67 #817
1967 Corvette Roadster

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Worth saving Century rotors?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 02:54:44 PM »
After my rear hub post reply's, wanted input on rotors. I wanted to keep them on the car and re surface them, but they are already near the minimum thickness of .780. A little surface rust on them as caliper pistons were frozen and these haven't had any shoe contact in 20 years. Pictures 1-4 show the "Century" marked hub. It is hovering at an average thickness of around .815. The non manufacturer marked hub is shown in pictures 5-7. It has an average thickness of about .790. It also has a flat spot on an edge where it must have hit the road sometime in the past. For safety sake, I was going to order the rotor from NPD which uses the original hub. It is most like the original. Would anyone put these back on? Is the Century one worth keeping in case someone needed one for a concourse restoration? Thanks.
Century is a after market version. Keep the hubs from the rotors and press on different rotor hats like NPD now carries as you had planed . The aftermarket hubs look the same as the Ford service hubs that were available for decades. The used century rotor hats are trash and will not help anyone in the future.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline kkupec02

Re: Worth saving Century rotors?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 09:28:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply. That is what I will do. If anyone had wanted the Century rotor, like yourself, I would have sent it out at postage cost.
1967 GT500 Built 1/26/67 #817
1967 Corvette Roadster