Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Body, Paint & Sealers

Staples

(1/2) > >>

CharlesTurner:
Anyone ever looked into what type of stapler would be necessary to install splash shield rubber and the rear interior quarter fuzzy strips?  (65-66 fan shroud rubber pad too!)

Found a couple places that sell them.  Guess I need to figure out the metal thickness first.

Skyway65:
Charles- My dad retired from Chrysler many years ago.  They used similar staples on the line where he was.  He mentioned that they had a huge Bostitch stapler that would do those staples with no trouble.  Not much in the way of details but I'm sure the thing must be pretty big!

SCJSTU:
speaking of staples....my 70 Mach 1 has holes on the radiator support for the hood seal.....

did the staple gun actually shoot the staples through the metal support?.......pretty strong gun/staples?

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: SCJSTU on June 22, 2010, 09:33:04 PM ---speaking of staples....my 70 Mach 1 has holes on the radiator support for the hood seal.....

did the staple gun actually shoot the staples through the metal support?.......pretty strong gun/staples?

--- End quote ---

Yes they did - must have made some noise!!

Sunlitgold68:
I would say a high powered Pneumatic stapler like this.....

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Bostitch-P50-10B-Pneumatic-Stapler/dp/B000LB6K7A

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version