1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

1965 / 1966 V8 Radiators - Including Solidered Tags

<< < (3/11) > >>

larryharvey:
Autolite,

Don't want to hijack your thread, but need groups opinion about this radiator. I uncovered it with the rest of my Hi Po parts. Has a couple of tags that I believe are radiator repair shop tags. They used them years ago to id customers radiators. Also wantwant some feed back on weather this radiator would be appropriate for an April 65 Hi Po.
Thanks

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: larryharvey on September 17, 2016, 09:55:07 PM ---Autolite,

Don't want to hijack your thread, but need groups opinion about this radiator. I uncovered it with the rest of my Hi Po parts. Has a couple of tags that I believe are radiator repair shop tags. They used them years ago to id customers radiators. Also wantwant some feed back on weather this radiator would be appropriate for an April 65 Hi Po.
Thanks

--- End quote ---

Looks like a long shot for a Deaborn or NJ  April built car just looking at the date alone. SHould be able to confirm the typical date spread from other original examples but think almost a year before is a long time

larryharvey:
Thanks Jeff,

That's what I was thinking also. I may just get it re-cored anyway. I have just about given up on finding the correct date coded radiator.

Thanks again

Larry

sgl66:

--- Quote from: larryharvey on September 17, 2016, 09:55:07 PM ---Autolite,

Thanks

--- End quote ---
Does your G1 have 12 fins per inch? I found this chart which I believe explains the difference between G1 and Y1 radiators.

larryharvey:
AUTOLITE,

I will check it out tomorrow and post.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version