1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Boss

1970 Boss 302 carpet

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mike_B_SVT:
Just as some additional info, my '70 Cougar (October '69, Dearborn plant) original carpet, the front section also ends right at the front edge of the seat riser.  I've been wondering if it's supposed to be that way or not.

My understanding is the carpet is the same between Cougar and Mustang.

7mustangs:
 Does anyone know where to get the correct carpet?

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 7mustangs on November 27, 2020, 11:32:01 AM --- Does anyone know where to get the correct carpet?

--- End quote ---

Don't know that you really have many options. Might only be two providers of molded carpet out there selling through the normal outlets. You will need to request one made without the toe pad and once you receive it get it out and inspect it - don't just put in on the shelf for later. Sometimes they will forget or ignore your request  or not line up the carpet in the mold so that the channels do not go straight across but at an angle. Have had to send a few back over the years

myboss:

Can a toe pad be successfully removed with out messing up the carpet ???

Dan

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: myboss on November 11, 2021, 05:47:36 PM ---     Can a toe pad be successfully removed with out messing up the carpet ???

--- End quote ---

Good question. Have not tried with the newer carpets that are available. More recently (over the last decade) have just ordered the carper without the toe pad. I take it that you've already purchased and received your carpet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version