1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1971 - 1973

R code 1972 Mustang

<< < (2/2)

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: sjrdcr on September 10, 2017, 06:10:06 PM ---So it did actually have an R engine code on both the dash and door tags?

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately both can be faked and the dash board one goes with the forward dash pad panel. Not sure what Ford was thinking with that designed.

Bought a 71 429CJ once that someone had stolen and simply swapped the dash pad and that panel from a 351 car. Police towed it as abandoned off the streets of Oakland CA and they never realized it had been swapped or stolen.  ::)  Ended up in a salvage auction when I found it  I wonder if the sequential "hidden| numbers match the title and Marti. Well not really only if I was considering buying or looking at the car for a buyer.

66kcoupe:
Yes it did have both dash and door tag, both showed R code and matching VIN, hidden parts of the car showed the light pewter metallic paint, I think it was real just missing all the good parts

TUMBLEPORT SVT:

--- Quote from: sjrdcr on September 08, 2017, 09:37:51 AM ---The car was lot number T140 sold on Thursday. A couple things under the hood are definitely incorrect for an R code. The intake should be aluminum, the valve covers should also be aluminum, the air cleaner is not correct, and although there is a power steering oil cooler present I don't see an engine oil cooler which should have been present since the R code cars all came with a 3.91 traction lok. A perfect example of buyer beware and to research any vehicle that you intend to buy. I suspect that this is actually a Q code car with a doctored vin # or an R code that had it's drivetrain swapped out at some point.

--- End quote ---
     1971 Boss 351 and 1972 HO did not have a factory oil cooler .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version