1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1968 Mustang

Retainer for trunk lock on California Special?

(1/5) > >>

Murf:
Does anyone have an image of the retainer for the trunk lock on a CS?  Have no idea if it is the same as steel deck lids - is it?  Need to find one for MCA events but honestly have no idea what I am looking for so any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

J_Speegle:
Same one as used on the steel/Mustang trunk lid. Not sure if I have a picture of one out of a car nor where one might be in my boxes or shelves at the moment. My Calif Spec is in storage so its not handy.

ruppstang:
The same retainer was used on all 67-68 Mustangs. The trunk lock retainer differed from the door lock retainer because it had a small hole drilled in it so you could use a hook tool to reach in passed the tail light panel support and pull out the retainer.
I'll have to see if I have one I can photo.
Marty

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: ruppstang on September 17, 2017, 11:02:18 PM ---The same retainer was used on all 67-68 Mustangs. The trunk lock retainer differed from the door lock retainer because it had a small hole drilled in it so you could use a hook tool to reach in passed the tail light panel support and pull out the retainer.
I'll have to see if I have one I can photo.
Marty

--- End quote ---
To add , it was installed from the driver side from the factory. A very common mistake in restoration is to not use the clip with a hole and to install it from the wrong side. FYI the spring steel of the clip is not very fun to try and drill a small hole into to mimic the correct one.

Murf:
So the only difference is the little hole in the clip?  Probably the correct lock cylinder clip for the trunk will be found on one of the doors of our car.  They seem to have the same configuration - is that correct?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version