1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

Firewall Manual Trans Spring Anchor Hole Filler For Automatic Equipped Cars

<< < (2/2)

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 65Ford on November 12, 2017, 02:36:10 PM ---Attached is a picture of the plug in a '66 Coupe, 6R07C184426 April 12 scheduled build date.  Sorry to bring up an old topic but I find these things fascinating.

Jeff, the picture of just the fabric tape over the hole, is that a faint outline on the firewall of what could have been an oval plug installed at one time?  Maybe my imagination is getting the better of me.

--- End quote ---

Guess one could see something in the little chips and such a pattern but its no apparent in person. History of the car is I first took a ride in it in 1973, after a few years it was stored in an underground garage until it was moved to be stored elsewhere in the mid 80's Knowing the owner from the 70's I'm certain he didn't care about that little hole (neither did the first owner) under the steering column and surely didn't place the tape in that location worming it under the firewall pad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version