Author Topic: Voltage Regulator Condenser  (Read 4051 times)

Offline sparky65

Voltage Regulator Condenser
« on: August 17, 2010, 09:41:52 PM »
Mine was cut out and replaced when the previous owner replaced the voltage regulator.  I see they can found on ebay.  They want $25 for this one which seems a little high.  Not only that but what is the finish on these supposed to be?  Somehow I am expecting something shiny which these are not.
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Voltage Regulator Condenser
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 12:37:57 AM »
They were either zinc plated or a polished steel appearance.  I have seen variances in finishes.  You can get them zinc plated without damaging the wiring.  Just tell the plating shop to hang it separately and not put it in the barrel.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 12:40:15 AM »
Mine was cut out and replaced when the previous owner replaced the voltage regulator.  I see they can found on ebay.  They want $25 for this one which seems a little high.  Not only that but what is the finish on these supposed to be?  Somehow I am expecting something shiny which these are not.

A little high for what you are getting . It could be striped and replated. There are other examples out there too. It should be silver and a little shiny to dull. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 10:26:17 PM »
I just sold one for $10 plus $1 shipping.  I have all kinds of small stuff like this.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline sparky65

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 09:25:50 PM »
I just sold one for $10 plus $1 shipping.  I have all kinds of small stuff like this.
Yep that was me.  8)
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe