Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Body, Paint & Sealers

Concours Painting for 1968 Mustang

(1/2) > >>

cfdengine1:
I'm new to the concours restoration scene and was wondering if there is any literature I could buy that would have the painting details for a 1968 Ford Mustang. Looking at doing a rotisserie restoration and need all the help I can get.

CharlesTurner:
Welcome to the forum.  To answer your question requires a little more information.  Mainly, what assembly plant and what was the scheduled build date.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: cfdengine1 on August 19, 2010, 11:42:00 PM ---I'm new to the concourse restoration scene and was wondering if there is any literature I could buy that would have the painting details for a 1968 Ford Mustang. Looking at doing a rotisserie restoration and need all the help I can get.

--- End quote ---

Sorry the book has not been written yet ;) lots of variation between years and plants -* but we can help here. As Charles mentioned, tell us when and where and we'll go from there.

cfdengine1:
My mustang is a 1968 coupe assembled in Metuchen, NJ with a build date of April 30, 1968. Color is Sunlit Gold Metallic with nugget gold crinkle vinyl and nugget gold kiwi vinyl. However I just realized that there is no nugget gold kiwi vinyl anywhere in my car. Hmmmmm? Anyway, I'll just add that to the list of to do's. Car is in excellent shape but I just want to get it to concours resto inside and out.

Sunlitgold68:
Have you stolen my identity? hehe.... we have very similar cars, same colors and built only 2 weeks apart at the same plant. I might be able to help you alot. My car is coming out of the body shop in the very near future and going into the reassembly stage. If you wish, send me a PM or email and I can explain the process and lead you in the right direction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version