General Discussion > General Discussion

Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall -

<< < (3/4) > >>

markb0729:
I got 1 of 2 replacements this past Friday.  They included a return shipping label with instructions to ship the old unit back.

69GT350H:

--- Quote from: markb0729 on November 21, 2017, 11:14:33 PM ---I got 1 of 2 replacements this past Friday.  They included a return shipping label with instructions to ship the old unit back.

--- End quote ---

They will come in individual boxes with the retail box inside. Remove the new fire extinguisher from the retail box, put the old one in, put the retail box back in the outside box (take the return label out first), tape the box shut and apply the return label over the old shipping label. Guess I need to drop these off at a Fedex location.

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: midlife on November 21, 2017, 10:46:40 PM ---What did they tell you to how to dispose of your old extinguishers?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 69GT350H on November 22, 2017, 12:24:12 AM ---They will come in individual boxes with the retail box inside. Remove the new fire extinguisher from the retail box, put the old one in, put the retail box back in the outside box (take the return label out first), tape the box shut and apply the return label over the old shipping label. Guess I need to drop these off at a Fedex location.

--- End quote ---
There's a phone number in the instruction sheet for pickup.
I called Kidde and asked how to match up the new extinguisher with the ones I had called into be replaced, I have six. What I was told was that one size fits all for a replacement, a 3 pound 6 ounce unit, what you sees is what you gets. There appears to be a fit problem with some units to be replaced that are taller than the replacement to reuse the box. One that I have is 17 inches, the box is 18. Tight tit.
My advice. Make it work. Also, on multiple units to be replaced - call FedEx for a pickup of all after all are replaced.
Jim

midlife:

--- Quote from: midlife on November 21, 2017, 10:46:40 PM ---What did they tell you to how to dispose of your old extinguishers?
I'm awaiting replacement of my 3 units.

--- End quote ---
I got one replaced about 3-4 weeks ago; the other two just arrived.  They are double in size so I won't complain!
Poor FedEx; they are handling the Kidde recall.  My local facility knows me well and are very friendly.  Today I went in and their parking lot was overflowing with last minute Xmas packagers.  I walk in, smile, put my box on the counter, they say "thanks" and I say "No, thank you!" and walk out.  Tomorrow I'll be delivering 3 packages (2 returns and one harness box).  They hate this time of year.

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: midlife on December 18, 2017, 10:18:19 PM ---I got one replaced about 3-4 weeks ago; the other two just arrived.  They are double in size so I won't complain!

--- End quote ---
I got two out of five already, and a letter saying due to an unexpected demand, you're on hold. I'm waiting until the Christmas rush is over before I call FedEx. I assume they are swamped.
One replacement was about the same size, the other is double in size, and, as you stated, I won't complain.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version