Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Misc Items

358352-S - J-Clip -

<< < (2/8) > >>

J_Speegle:

Always hard to see and compare from one angle

--- Quote from: jwc66k on November 05, 2017, 07:45:47 PM ---For 69 and 70 only a screw was used, no washer, so those would appear different.

--- End quote ---

Might be better described as one was a hex head screw with intergrated washer and one without the intergrated washer design

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on November 05, 2017, 08:22:16 PM ---Might be better described as one was a hex head screw with intergrated washer and one without the intergrated washer design

--- End quote ---
The specified screw for 69-70 was 55981-S2, 14-14X1/2HH,REC,FLNG 1/2,3/8HEX,TPG. It had a flange, not a lock or flat washer. For 67 and 68, a separate flat washer was used. That's as specified. As the third picture show a different type of clip, who knows what fell into the outstretched hand of the assembly line worker (before or after lunch) for use.
Jim

preaction:
   Jim, I'v found what I thought was the best explanation in the 67 chassis assembly manual on the max vacuum diagram. I could be wrong but for 67 it seems that hoses except A/C lines were not mounted to the shock tower braces like its more commonly seen on 68 models so routing the tilt vacuum lines to the periphery of the engine bay and on the J clip seemed to work. I tried to leave extra hose for "adjustments".

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: jwc66k on November 06, 2017, 12:19:37 AM ---The specified screw for 69-70 was 55981-S2, 14-14X1/2HH,REC,FLNG 1/2,3/8HEX,TPG. It had a flange, not a lock or flat washer. For 67 and 68, a separate flat washer was used. ..........

--- End quote ---

Guess that is not what I'm finding on unrestored cars - just reporting. 67 San Jose for example

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: preaction on November 06, 2017, 05:08:39 PM ---   Jim, I'v found what I thought was the best explanation in the 67 chassis assembly manual on the max vacuum diagram. I could be wrong but for 67 it seems that hoses except A/C lines were not mounted to the shock tower braces like its more commonly seen on 68 models.............

--- End quote ---

Think you mean to say 67 AC hard lines were not attached to the shock tower braces since 68  non-AC hard lines weren't run through the firewall clip being discussed either. Or I'm just reading you response incorrectly

Vacuum lines were run across the upper firewall to the clip discussed for thos years

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version