Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Misc Items

Misc. Standard Parts Identifying Request

<< < (3/3)

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: krelboyne on November 27, 2017, 03:23:34 PM ---Looks like a couple of brass caps for the AC service valves. Mostly find them on 1967's.

--- End quote ---

Yep, my plan was to use those on my '67. I may have one other. Those were removed from the 63 Lincoln.

krelboyne:

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 27, 2017, 04:50:22 PM ---If you don't find them on 65-70 Mustang A/C compressors then ether a replacement valve is in use or they have already been salvaged.

--- End quote ---

Bob, factory caps are brass? aluminum caps are service? or the other way around?

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: krelboyne on November 28, 2017, 12:42:17 PM ---Bob, factory caps are brass? aluminum caps are service? or the other way around?

--- End quote ---

If the service person dropped and lost them during servicing I've seen factory valves with plastic and other metal type caps installed from time to time. Most of the time the original brass ones are there or the whole valve has been replaced. Here is one example from each year starting from 67 some are from other threads of pictures related to particular cars here.  Notice the one domed and one flat head fill caps in the following examples. Appears Richard collected some flat top ones 

And a 71 example just to show the similarities and changes. Don't recall if one of the two is steel. Will check

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version