Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Body, Paint & Sealers

how does a 70 NJ paint ok stamp look like

(1/3) > >>

joe747:
i have a 70 mach 1 form n j .would like to get stamps made or buy them .how do they look likem

joe747:
anyone know i can buy one

J_Speegle:
The "paint OK" on a 70 NJ car looks pretty much like the other years - same plant. No one I know of sells the stamps (you would need two or three at least for each car)  but I think that by next year one of the MCA Judges will have them available (he will stamp each car) at MCA National shows as I have done for years.

Many people have tried to make these stamps only to end up with something that is wrong (size or font incorrect) wrong. And we would rather see nothing (especially since these are not required at any organization's shows at Concours level) than something that is wrong for the car

rockhouse66:
I can't say whether it is right or wrong, but there is a template here;

http://www.428cobrajet.org/stamps.html

Oops!  You said "paint OK" and I was thinking about the engine stamp - sorry!  Thanks to Jeff S. for his quiet correction.

joe747:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on August 31, 2010, 10:06:44 PM ---The "paint OK" on a 70 NJ car looks pretty much like the other years - same plant. No one I know of sells the stamps (you would need two or three at least for each car)  but I think that by next year one of the MCA Judges will have them available (he will stamp each car) at MCA National shows as I have done for years.

Many people have tried to make these stamps only to end up with something that is wrong (size or font incorrect) wrong. And we would rather see nothing (especially since these are not required at any organization's shows at Concours level) than something that is wrong for the car

--- End quote ---
i just want my car to look like it came from ford . not real concerned if it will not  be 100% concours correct . do you have a pic of one ,i live in toronto and it is hard to purchse one so want to make on here
thank again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version