1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1968 Mustang

Tripometer

<< < (2/3) > >>

1967 eight barrel:
We go one more step down the rabbit hole. Shelbys use a different tach than the mustang. They have a red line from six to eight thousand rpm. So obviously there must be part numbers for the red line tach as well...

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on January 31, 2018, 08:37:41 PM ---We go one more step down the rabbit hole. Shelbys use a different tach than the mustang. They have a red line from six to eight thousand rpm. So obviously there must be part numbers for the red line tach as well...

--- End quote ---

No reason to go down that hole. Not all Shelbys had the red lines  (registry covers those findings on page 789) and many Mustangs shared the same tachs as 67 Shelbys. Though from observation and pictures agree that the vast majority had the red line feature

Think we need to stay with the 68 model year given the thread title and focus

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on January 31, 2018, 10:51:49 PM ---No reason to go down that hole. Not all Shelbys had the red lines  (registry covers those findings on page 789) and many Mustangs shared the same tachs as 67 Shelbys

--- End quote ---
+1

67gtasanjose:
Personally, I have never seen any 68's with a 6K tach. If indeed they were used on 68's, I wonder if it was an early/late thing or post strike thing or what?

Otherwise, I would still be inclined to feel that the 6K tach was typically not found on a '68 without better evidence.

(This being one of those times I figure I could be looking to be proven incorrect)

ruppstang:
How about this our 68 HCS? Also my dads 68 12/15/67 S code GT also has a 6K tach.

No smoking gun here, I went to dad's to get a picture of his GT and found it has a 8K tach. I should not have trusted my memory. Any way the 6K in the HCS was added by a PO and I am not going to take it out to check the part numbers.

I would agree that most 68 have the 8K tachs.  IMHO Ford often used up old inventory till it was gone so there may be some 6K tachs in 68s. I would expect them to have a C7 numbers though.
Sorry for the confusion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version