WTB: Door Switch Tilt NOS SW548 Motorcraft

(1/2) > >>

Ralf:
Looking for a NOS part.

c7zz-13713-a (Motorcraft SW 548)

Thx

Ralf

67gta289:
To be clear, can you clarify what you are looking for?  The subject has the term "door jam switch tilt" with a quantity of two.  There is only one door jamb switch for the tilt wheel system.  There is indeed a second switch located on the steering column for the ignition interlock circuit.

Also note that there are two sizes. According to the 60-68 MPC, the C7ZZ number is used on the ignition interlock, but only in the door jamb for the early version (before 11/14/66) with a 29/32" diameter mounting hole.  After that the C6OZ-13713-A was used.

In this case, the January 67 single year MPC to me is confusing at best; and "wrong" might be a better interpretation.

I'm just making sure that you get what you really need.

Note that the ones I have and have seen have a plunger that sticks out further than the ones used for the courtesy light.  They have a metal ring with black plastic plunger.  The plunger is noticeably more rounded off than the courtesy light switches.

Also since you have in the past looked strived for what is most correct, I would expect you to be looking for Autolite parts, perhaps "settling" on Motorcraft.

preaction:
John, I wonder why the early version is the C7 part and the after 11/14/66 part is the C6 part it seems this would be the other way around.

67gta289:

--- Quote from: preaction on March 02, 2018, 08:29:57 PM ---John, I wonder why the early version is the C7 part and the after 11/14/66 part is the C6 part it seems this would be the other way around.

--- End quote ---

That is a bit odd, I noticed that as well.

What is more odd, IMO, is that they went from one common part number (C7) to two (C6 and C7).  Seems inefficient.  However, the one on the column was probably assembled as a unit at a different location, or at least at a separate part of the plant in a subassembly area, so efficiency probably doesn't matter much in this case.

In driver behind the change, considering to put things bluntly most of us are lazy and don't make change for no reason, would be either cost driven (not likely in this case) or there was something bad happening with the original part.  I would focus on the plunger, the length and the shape of the head.  The one on the column is triggered by a straight on "Z" direction striker, whereas the door will make contact at several degrees off center and end up perpendicular.    I have a few of these and will take a look.  However, the part number is not on them, so if they look really close I may not be able to tell them apart.

Ralf:
 ??? I see.
So, since I have propably repros, I'm looking for NOS. :)

I found only Motorcraft offered as NOS. And often it was said C7ZZ-13713-A and C60Z-13713-A (both with rounded plunger, not flat) can be used for tilt and interior light door (SW608) either way.
I was also not aware that the plunger for tilt was even longer.

I noticed also differences in the shape of the (round) metal.

For example what I found:

1. Repro + Description (Source Mustang Unlimited)
 Part #:  C7ZZ-13713-A
Courtesy Light Switch with Metal Collar for All 1965-1966 Mustang & Tilt Column Activation Switch for 1967-1968 Mustang & Cougar.

This switch activates the interior courtesy lights for all 1965-1966 Mustangs, and activates the tilt column vacuum mechanism for 1967-1968 Mustang & Cougar. It has a 1/2" long black plastic plunger on one end and sockets for 2 large 3/16" pins on the other. A metal retainer collar holds it to the door jamb. Use 2 per car.

2. Repro + Description (Source Kentucky Mustang)
Mustang Switch Door Jam Steering Wheel Release for Tilt Column 1967 1968 1969
Manufacturer: Daniel Carpenter
Part #: C60Z-13713-A

Here the plunger seems indeed to be longer than C7ZZ-13713-A

3. NOS + Description
Ford NOS courtesy lamp switch for the 1967 Ford Mustang with tilt steering. This is for the 29/32" mounting hole
Part #:  C7ZZ-13713-A

Finally....I'm confused.

But....
Looking for the correct door switches light and tilt away (drivers side 2 holes) for my car (built Nov 66), however now I do not know anymore which are the correct ones. ::)

May be you can help me to figure out the correct switches I have to use on my drivers door for light and tilt (not for the column)

And yes, obviously Autolite instead Motorcraft.

Thx
Ralf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version