Author Topic: FoMoCo Script Headlights  (Read 5248 times)

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
FoMoCo Script Headlights
« on: September 22, 2010, 06:17:31 PM »
I know there were a few different manufacturers of the FoMoCo Script Headlights, but what have some of you observed in terms of the "embossed" under the glass vs. the etched logos?  I'm interested in what original versions you have found in all of the years from '64 to '73.

I always assumed that the etched version of the logos were more common for the assembly line installation, but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Offline PerkinsRestoration

Re: FoMoCo Script Headlights
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:48:59 PM »
Brant, I've only seen Westinghouse brand with embossed FoMoCo logo. GE & TS brand etched in the glass. I've also had 1964 dated GE brand with Black FoMoCo logo. Have not found any Black FoMoCo in any Mustangs?

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 11:00:47 PM »
It has been my impression the etched and embossed are both after market reproductions.  The cast glass 'FoMoCo' ford logo inside the Ford oval is the real deal. This logo being centered behind or inside the exterior head light lens.  Others will have more info and ideas on this.  I have one bulb marked 12v 6013 MADE FOR FORD 4-9.  The Westinghouse logo on the lower front. These do not seem to surface very often.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 05:00:40 AM »

I agree, almost all the etched headlights I have seen on cars here in the southwest are the GE and TS.  A good source for headlights for me has been the Cougars because the headlight doors protected them and usually are very clean when pulling from the junkyard. 
In my opinion a working set of embossed Westinghouse headlights are by far the hardest to find....but in the end its hard to say an exact certain type of headlight for a certain year is correct and/or required.  Ive even just recently seen a documented 69 Boss that had original headlights with no FoMoCo markings at all.

This is the Westinghouse headlight:

Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:03:43 AM »
Agree with Bob on the types of headlights found.  Seems like the etched ones are more predominant, although that is just a personal observation.  Mike Murray's low mile '65 coupe has a pair with no markings on the face, I believe GE, but have 'MADE FOR FORD' and a date code ink-stamped on the back of them.

Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline PerkinsRestoration

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 09:26:08 PM »
The Westinghouse with FoMoCo embossed in the glass are my favorite! Too bad none of my Cars had them. :( I do have a couple sets in Rotuda Box's though.I doubt we will see a repop of the Westinghouse?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:29:53 PM by PerkinsRestoration »

Offline $64stang

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 09:43:01 PM »
I have seen the Large GE on my 64 and another one in a salavage yard here. Look at the Number 1 Mustang in an old Press Photo with tha lady model.it has mismatched headlights.
GE like mine had,on one side and a no name one on another side.
Lincoln's with the Hidden Headlights are another place to find the FoMoCo headlights. Found a set there for a friend who restored a 61 T-bird.