Author Topic: air conditioning compressor dates  (Read 1092 times)

Offline big bad blue

air conditioning compressor dates
« on: October 22, 2018, 05:36:07 PM »
 Are there dates on air conditioning compressors, tag or casting? Other than the DOAA.
70 Eliminator, dearborn 428 CJ born 11/12/69, auto.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: air conditioning compressor dates
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:29:29 PM »
Are there dates on air conditioning compressors, tag or casting? Other than the DOAA.
Which style compressor ? York or Tecumseh ?
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 66RavenGTCoupeAgain

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 11:07:53 PM »
I have a Tecumseh which I think is a 63 (C3 part number) Is there a date on the tag. There are also some numbers and letters randomly stamped on the to where the brace mounts. Do we know much about those?
66 Metuchen NJ  GT Coupe
Raven with Deluxe Black Int 289 A Code C4 PS Tinted Windows (Green) Dealer installed Rear Speaker
6T07A1612## Dec 65 Build
65 San Jose CA Convertible Rangoon Red with White Int and Power Top with plastic rear window 289 C Code C4 PS PB AC Fog Lights
5R08C1496## Oct 64 Build

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 04:53:04 AM »
I have a Tecumseh which I think is a 63 (C3 part number) Is there a date on the tag. There are also some numbers and letters randomly stamped on the to where the brace mounts. Do we know much about those?

Don't confuse part numbers as being some indication for certain of when the part was made. Many, especially ones related to mechanical parts of the car were designed and made for many years.

As far as markings are you referring to the OIL and the stylized R often seen?
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)