Author Topic: newbie, NOS autolite batteries, applications + value  (Read 778 times)

Offline BIGMOPAR

newbie, NOS autolite batteries, applications + value
« on: March 26, 2019, 06:39:24 PM »
Hi

im new here and have 4 or 5 NOS Autolite green cap batteries and would like to find out the value of them and a good place to sell them

i see that the green cap means they are over the counter replacements

they have 1969 and 1970 dates

im sorry if this is the wrong forum/catergory, but ill move it if i know where to post it

thank you

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: newbie, NOS autolite batteries, applications + value
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 07:15:01 PM »
Got ya

Welcome to the site ..... hope you find the information and assistance helpful in your restoration efforts as well as your questions.

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 07:34:21 PM »
Hi

im new here and have 4 or 5 NOS Autolite green cap batteries and would like to find out the value of them and a good place to sell them

i see that the green cap means they are over the counter replacements

they have 1969 and 1970 dates

im sorry if this is the wrong forum/catergory, but ill move it if i know where to post it

thank you
Those are Mopar application batteries and not Ford. You will have a hard time selling those to any Ford enthusiast because they are reverse post to how a Ford application battery has it's positive and negative post's orientated . I think Mopars have their battery on the opposite side to what a typical Ford application is. I wish you the best of luck with the finding a new home for the batteries.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline BIGMOPAR

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 10:12:17 AM »
hi Bob

thank you for the help

are they at least worth what a new battery would sell for now?

and do you have any knowledge of Rebat executive batteries for cobras?

thanks again

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 02:17:55 PM »
hi Bob

thank you for the help

are they at least worth what a new battery would sell for now?

and do you have any knowledge of Rebat executive batteries for cobras?

thanks again
Maybe value to a Mopar enthusiast but not a Ford enthusiast because of the reverse posts and the problem it causes in a Ford application. Maybe of value in a battery display. Sorry my knowledge of the Rebat batteries is very limited.  Best of luck finding the information you need.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby