Author Topic: ADD PS  (Read 991 times)

Offline bmcgc

ADD PS
« on: April 03, 2019, 04:11:10 PM »
I recently bought a 1965 C-Code coupe.  It has an aftermarket hood, non-original disc brakes, Grant steering wheel and a non oem paint job.

Once I got it home and started looking it over better, I find that its mostly original and wouldnt take much to return it to original.

Original color was Tropical Turquoise, I dont recall ever seeing that color, but its whats in the trunk, so it must be the original color.

Build date is 15 Aug 64.

The PO was an automotive machinist and rebuilt the engine to spec.  Original block, heads, intake, carb.  I think the dist has been replaced.

It has AC, dealer, factory, or owner added, I have no idea, so I dont know if the AC is properly installed.

I want to add power steering.

Is it as simple as adding the correct bracket and pump or will I need a different water pump and/or AC bracket?

I want to use correct parts when possible.

Offline jwc66k

Re: ADD PS
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 05:05:27 PM »
Get a copy of the 1965 Mustang Electrical Assembly Manual which shows the parts you will need. Also get a copy of the 64 1/2-65 Mustang Chassis Assembly Manual for tie rod installation, hose routing, etc. From those manuals, you can see what's needed and ask more detailed questions. I assume you know that the center link and LH tie rods need to be changed.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: ADD PS
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 05:49:53 PM »
Also, besides adding the steering and pump parts you'll need to insert two nuts into the drivers side frame rail

Since this is more of a suspension question going to move it over there.

As for the AC your missing a few parts to make it look like it would have originally been. Might want to launch a separate thread over in the 65-66 section since its year specific
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 05:52:12 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)