Author Topic: Need help identifying vintgage radiator  (Read 877 times)

Offline MustangAndFairlane1867

Need help identifying vintgage radiator
« on: April 29, 2019, 06:26:17 PM »
Came across an old radiator that allegedly came out of a 1965 San Jose Mustang with V8 and 4 speed.  Problem is, the C5AE stamp that's on the top tank: my understanding is that all the V8 Mustangs coming out of San Jose in 1965 and 1966 had a C4ZE stamp, not this C5AE stamp.  Here's a picture of the stampings on the top tank.  If anyone can help me determine which Ford vehicle this radiator was used in, I would be grateful (in case they are too small to read, here are the stamps reading from left to right:  C5AE. AG2. 65-1 under the letters W and MO, translating to January 1965, I assume).  Thanks, Ron.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 06:32:35 PM by MustangAndFairlane1867 »

Offline jwc66k

Re: Need help identifying vintgage radiator
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 08:40:19 PM »
The first four characters indicate a full size Ford application. That does not mean that the radiator would not fit a Mustang, at least the tank top part if a radiator shop attached it to a Mustang core. For reference, my San Jose tank top is 17 5/8 overall, not including the straps. A complete picture would help, especially the bottom of the radiator and the mounting holes with a measurement of the distance between them.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline MustangAndFairlane1867

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 09:08:29 PM »
Jim--Thanks for that information.  Here (I hope) are two pictures of the front and back of the radiator.  If you could hazard a guess as to the year/model Ford this radiator was designed for, that would be helpful.  If you need more info, let me know and I'll get it together.  Thanks, Ron

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 12:04:35 AM »
Agree its not marked like a Mustang or Falcon San Jose radiator. More of the radiator might help figure out what it was built for but if your looking for a Mustang - keep looking
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)