Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Misc Items

Restoring a 1968 1/2 428CJ water pump

(1/5) > >>

RoyceP:
So I got the rebuild kit from Dead Nuts On, also the bearing installation tool. I have a hydraulic press and any typical accessories for it including blocks and bearing collars etc.

What I can't seem to figure out is where to start. Any help is very much appreciated! I don't want to start by ruining something. I suspect it is well within my capabilities if I only knew what to do first.

I checked for videos, online instructions, etc and seem to be finding nothing. Here are what I found in the Master Parts catalog and the DNO website:

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: RoyceP on January 09, 2021, 07:15:45 PM ---So I got the rebuild kit from Dead Nuts On, also the bearing installation tool. I have a hydraulic press and any typical accessories for it including blocks and bearing collars etc.

What I can't seem to figure out is where to start. Any help is very much appreciated! I don't want to start by ruining something. I suspect it is well within my capabilities if I only knew what to do first.

I checked for videos, online instructions, etc and seem to be finding nothing. Here are what I found in the Master Parts catalog and the DNO website:

--- End quote ---
  I know you are more than capable. I can't give where to start direction other then I would try Jack@ Dead Nuts On given they sell the parts and do rebuilds. I would call but no doubt a email will work too. I am sure given they sell the parts that a where to start question would not be a issue to answer.

RoyceP:
I hate to bother Jack because I know he is pretty busy. I might do that if no one here has the process steps to take.

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 09, 2021, 07:31:44 PM ---  I know you are more than capable. I can't give where to start direction other then I would try Jack@ Dead Nuts On given they sell the parts and do rebuilds. I would call but no doubt a email will work too. I am sure given they sell the parts that a where to start question would not be a issue to answer.

--- End quote ---

67350#1242:
You might review this video - different pump but the basics should be the same.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: RoyceP on January 09, 2021, 08:19:47 PM ---I hate to bother Jack because I know he is pretty busy. I might do that if no one here has the process steps to take.

--- End quote ---
Just blame on me . Tell him Gaines said to call. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version