Author Topic: Door glass assembly help  (Read 1184 times)

Offline 68 S Code

Door glass assembly help
« on: February 15, 2011, 07:15:30 PM »
Trying to install glass into door and am stuck with a problem. The vertical track which is mounted to the rear face of the door at the topmost held in with 1 surface mounted bolt and one recessed in the top pocket. The Osborn assembly manual shows a triangular piece mounted to the track identified as Rear Stop. The illustration has a blow up detail showing the drivers side (even though the main illustration is a passenger side). My question is, is there a rh and lh Rear Stop? When I disassembled this drivers door I only did one door at a time and this stop is opposite hand of what the illustration shows. Had the glass and vent widow frame all done but forgot this stop and had to completely disassemble. Your help is appreciated.

Offline 68 S Code

Re: Door glass assembly help
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:21:47 PM »
Figured out the pic. The blow up detail is the passenger side but turned 180.  Im good. Back together again. By the way if you ever want to clean up any parts with a zinc finish from rust or tarnish give it a dip in evaporust. The track at the bottom of the window looks brand new. Same for the radio bracket. Word of warning the radio case must be a tin finish similar to the gas filler neck. Do not use on tin. Nasty fluorescent green reaction. Will post pic tomorrow.

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
Re: Door glass assembly help
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 08:30:49 PM »
Yes, these are LH and RH Specific Stops. They are exact mirror images of each other.
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs