Author Topic: A/C door vacuum servo - 67/68  (Read 586 times)

Offline roddster

A/C door vacuum servo - 67/68
« on: March 16, 2022, 12:18:58 PM »
  I am rebuilding an S code 67 coupe that was equipped with factory AC.  The car sat out in Oklahoma (western area) for like 30+ years.  I don't trust the old servos that open and close the blend doors on the A/C system.
  NPD has been out of stock for 6 months now (both original and the repops). 
The question is: is there any place to send the originals to for refurbishing?  Thank you

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: A/C door vacuum servo - 67/68
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 12:33:25 PM »
  I am rebuilding an S code 67 coupe that was equipped with factory AC.  The car sat out in Oklahoma (western area) for like 30+ years.  I don't trust the old servos that open and close the blend doors on the A/C system.
  NPD has been out of stock for 6 months now (both original and the repops). 
The question is: is there any place to send the originals to for refurbishing?  Thank you
I am not aware of anyone rebuilding the servos. I don't think that there is big enough demand for that service . The rubber diaphragm inside degrades and tears because it gets old and brittle.  I and others can cosmetically restore them. They are easy to check to see if they are good by applying vacuum and seeing if the arm moves with deliberate motion. They are relatively easy to get to so if one fails it can be replaced .  I would test yours and if it works properly use that one . It wouldn't hurt to keep a couple good used ones sealed up for spares in the future. Just my thoughts on the subject.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline roddster

Re: A/C door vacuum servo - 67/68
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 08:41:19 PM »
  Well I did use a vacuum pump and they didn't move...until I used the correct size vacuum hose.  Hard to believe but they all work!  Plus, seems Scott Drake makes the repops but the price has gone way up.  Saved $350.00