Author Topic: A 1968 Sprint B for the school teacher  (Read 500 times)

Offline mrrilla

A 1968 Sprint B for the school teacher
« on: December 13, 2022, 12:15:08 AM »
After many car builds for myself, I finally broke down and bought my wife her dream car. This is pretty solid Texas car, unrestored (not unmodified), 1968 Mustang Sprint B. The car has been off the road since 1982 and its ready to go back to showroom condition per my wifes instructions.

Serial Number 8F01C170xxx

65A Mustang 2-Door Hardtop
I Lime Gold Paint, Ford #2041-A
2G Ivy Gold Vinyl Standard Bucket Seats
28C Scheduled for build March 28, 1968
61 Dallas DSO (District Sales Office)
2 2.79 Conventional Rear Axle
W C-4 Select Shift Automatic Transmission

Options: Air Conditioner - SelectAire, AM Radio, Tinted Glass

The Marti report has the car being released in March 28, 1968

Its a time period correct 289 and the C4 to match. I have't found the numbers on the rear axle yet to confirm its birthday. The car does need some items to bring it back to the correct year so I'll be posting some wanted ads soon.

Offline ruppstang

Re: A 1968 Sprint B for the school teacher
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 12:43:26 AM »
Welcome
I look forward to following your progress. FYI you have a 67 hood on it.

Offline mrrilla

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 01:08:58 AM »
Thanks Rupp!

The hood and wheels are the obvious standouts on the car. This is an original pain car and the under side of the hood is body color. Is there a possibility that the hood was residual from 67? This is March of 68 car. Someone had a faux scoop mounted to the hood at one point which is another awful idea.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 06:32:38 AM »
Welcome
I look forward to following your progress. FYI you have a 67 hood on it.
Thanks Rupp!

The hood and wheels are the obvious standouts on the car. This is an original pain car and the under side of the hood is body color. Is there a possibility that the hood was residual from 67? This is March of 68 car. Someone had a faux scoop mounted to the hood at one point which is another awful idea.
*or an owner modification. No mention of the fog lights (in Marti Report details shared) so with the comment of the faux hood scoop and the obvious wheels, anything is possible at this time...including being a 67 hood, swapped onto this 68 off of one of the countless Lime Gold 67's with flat hoods produced. Clearly the car has "history".

Find a date code stamp on the hood and perhaps an under-side view of the hood, this might shed some light on other hood details that we know about 67 hoods (early vs. late).
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments