1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

Roof Side Weatherstrip Clip

(1/3) > >>

Angela:
What are the roof-side weatherstrip clips supposed to accomplish? The stated purpose is to guide the glass into the weatherstrip and to keep the glass from rattling. Using either original clips or the reproductions, I don't see these clips doing either of those things.
Could someone help me understand their importance? Are these clips really needed?
https://www.npdlink.com/product/guide-clip-door-window/103907

J_Speegle:
We first saw these installed on 69 models after they did away with the vent windows and the support they provided to the side windows especially at highway speeds with the windows up and no vents in the door jamb we start seeing in 70. Not certain exactly the purpose or purposes they were designed to prevent or control but Ford spent money on engineers that determined they were needed and lost of money to have them installed on almost or all passenger cars in 1970.

Of course from the sites perspective they are needed since being without them would not be correct on a restored car. Plus I don't know why an owner would not want to replace or install them when redoing a car.  I have installed or had them in all the 69-up Mustangs and other Ford products I've restored or owned

Hipo giddyup:
I don't remember seeing these on my son's 70' Mach I. Can someone post a pic of where these are supposed to go? And it looks like a coupe- fastback takes 4 of them?

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Hipo giddyup on April 22, 2024, 09:51:09 AM ---I don't remember seeing these on my son's 70' Mach I. Can someone post a pic of where these are supposed to go? And it looks like a coupe- fastback takes 4 of them?

--- End quote ---

Have pictures I posted a couple of weeks back on another site but they are for 69 fastbacks. Will look through my pictures and post for 70 if someone else doesn't

67gta289:
I have a bunch of NOS ones if anyone needs any, send me a PM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version