Author Topic: Air cleaner decals  (Read 1677 times)

Offline 68 S Code

Air cleaner decals
« on: August 02, 2011, 06:47:32 PM »
Well I mentioned in another thread how disappointed I was in the ESC decal set because they did not provide the most basic decal for my 68 S code...the air cleaner lid. For $150 + you would think that the ones for the air cleaner would be there. The alternative was to go through NPD so I ordered both the lid and the one on the side of the base. Although the one for the base looks pretty good the one for the lid is incorrect due to the radius. Much tighter of a curve both top and bottom. I have an original lid with a tattered old decal and the radiuses follow the outside diameter of the lid and the inner raised portion. Does anyone make a more authentic reproduction?

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: Air cleaner decals
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:24:08 PM »
I'm not real sharp on '68s or big blocks, so bear with me: I know that there are usually a couple of different qualities of decals available, I always get the better ones because they are more authentic, I always thought that ECS made pretty good ones.....might want to call VA and ask what they carry/have:

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/67-390-4V-AIR-CLEANER-DECAL-P653C2050.aspx

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 02:27:45 PM »
I'm sure if ECS made some they would be spot on but they don't seem to make them for 68's. Seen some air cleaner decals but for 69,70. I'll try Virginia.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 03:35:36 PM »
I am under the impression that your choices for parts vendors are the ECS decals and stickers or the Osborne generic made decals and stickers. The ECS ones are very authintic in regards to material and graphics. Unfortunatly ECS dosn't offer a wide variety of products for every year or application. I haven't seen a Osborne made sticker that when compared to a original was more then just close. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 10:59:24 PM »
Frankly it's not that close in this case. Sonds like Virginia and NPD carry the same Osborne decal. I will call ECS tomorrow.